Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter


I feel the need for a short and sweet post to make up for yesterday's long winded one.

Phoebe has always had an uncanny sense of timing. It truly seems like she knows when she is laughing and at what. Her school aide has a notebook that she writes in most days, letting me know which therapist she saw that day, what they did in class, etc. Last week I read the entry and laughed out loud to myself. It said "Mrs. Larkins was talking to the kids about listening and being quiet when she is talking and Phoebe started laughing so it was kind of hard not to laugh too." I had flashbacks of years worth of progress reports that said "Missy needs to learn to control her talking" and "Melissa disrupts the class by talking to her neighbors". I s'pose she'll ace all the artsy subjects and fail math as well...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa! I love your blog! :) Thanks for sending me the info- I'm sure I will be checking it frequently!

Laine said...

Don't you love those moments? When I stop and listen to the laughter (which, thankfully, I do often) I can't help but laugh too, even when I'm in a different room. There is no other sound in the world I would rather hear than my children laughing. It's fun when they do things that bring back the memories, too. I loved your blog yesterday too, by the way. Hurray for blogging!

Britany said...

She is so cute!! Is the school situation getting better? I remember you were having a hard time a while back!

Adventures in the Warr Zone said...

i MISS MY FUAX GRANDKIDS, SO i ENJOYED READING ABOUT THEM. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO EXPRESS YOUR THOUGHTS