

It wasn't started until my sister and I were adults, but our family has a tradition of visiting apple orchards in the fall. Sometimes it coordinates with pumpkins and Halloween, and sometimes it's almost Christmas time, but we go every year possible. This year, I was able to show my dad (a produce expert) where they grow apples in Arizona. The big kids had fun using the poles to pick them and Tessa insisted on carrying around the bucket that was almost a big as she was. Actually, it was bigger because she got inside it once. We rode around behind a tractor (almost a hayride but without the itching afterwards). We had a fresh BBQ lunch and bought some bread to take home. Since most of the apples we picked were Granny Smith I volunteered to make pie out of them. It actually turned out yummy, even without a recipe handy! This day was part of why fall is my favorite season.
P.S. I love this website:
www.pickyourown.org. Awesome way to find little mom and pop farms in places you might be visiting in the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment