Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Exploring our Backyard
When Phoebe's in school, Tessa and I have long days to fill and sometimes we go exploring. We have often been to Madera Canyon, just minutes away, and so beautiful. This time we went slightly north to see if we could find the ghost town Papa Jim and Daddy had found once and told us about. We took the wrong road, I guess, and never found that, but we did find an interesting trailhead through the Santa Rita mountains. If we stayed on long enough we would get to the same peak above Madera Canyon. We went less than a mile before turning to head back in time to meet Phoebe's bus. It was a very narrow, rocky trail for the most part and I was impressed that Tessa was not only able but disappointed that we couldn't keep going.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment