Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy halloween

Tessa has been wanting to dress up as Dorothy and go trick-or-treating for months. I planted the idea in her head (figuring this would be the last year I could influence her costume decision) and she loved it. Phoebe wore the same costume when she was four and so did cousin Elizabeth (whom we borrowed it from). She made the cutest Dorothy ever, in my humble opinion. She even had a Toto to accompany her, which ended up being her constant companion for the next couple of weeks. She was so thrilled to finally be trick-or-treating that she was full-on running from house to house in the beginning! Phoebe was excited to get out and go walking at first, but I think she gets bored sitting and waiting at each doorstep, so she tuckered out early. Papa Bob and Tim took her home and Gramma Pat and I continued on with Tessa. We were out for a total of 2 hours, which I thought was impressive for Tessa, 3 years old. I kept asking her if she wanted to go to more houses or go home and she kept going. She didn't even ask to be carried. Daddy met us on the last block of our trip home and offered to let her rest which she took him up on. Tessa asked for several days after, when we could go again. I think maybe Phoebe can go to a few houses on our street and then pass out candy at home next year.













No comments: