Some of her funny sayings lately:
ARTURO = Oh Toodles (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)
Thank you Mama! - unprompted after giving her anything she likes (cheese and crackers, her sippy cup....)
Tickle Phoebe - a way to get the attention off of her
Unexpectedly saying the names of any of our neighbors, their kids, dogs, etc. (example; garage door opens next door, Tessa yells MARGARET!, driving by the elementary school, Tessa yells JANET! (Phoebe's aide) )
Ooooollllllddd house - versus the new house. We tell her we are going to see our new house and she recognizes the route now. She also knows the route to the park and Sam's house and sometimes has a meltdown when we turn the opposite direction.
Hammer her - Hamburger, which I think is weird that she says this because she always declines tasting one
Combo - as in meal at a fast food restaurant. We just about burst at the seams one time when we bribed her to be good at the grocery store with french fries afterwards and before we got to the menu board to order she yelled out "Combo!".
Malbublaubuaulauabuurjfdjdualubalublurhfbululb - I have no idea but it always ends with something intelligible like "throw ball Dallas". She likes speaking in complete sentences but can't get the words out fast enough so she just makes some up.
Treeeeeeasure, treeeeeasure - the song the Backyardigans sing while playing pirates and looking for treasure. She grabs any piece of paper for a map and tells Dallas to come with her to find the treasure.
Green Bag - the bean bag chair in our family room where she likes to watch tv. Sometimes when she's sick or just crabby she begs for it. I found her sleeping there this morning at 5am.
Tail - her bum, which she likes to wag as she calls it a tail.
Excuse me - She started saying this a long time ago, mostly when tattling on anyone near her who burped and didn't say it themselves, but now it has expanded to other appropriate uses. It's just cute to her hear say it when a little boy bumps into her at the playground, or she walks in between two people. Makes me just a little proud since I never hear kids using manners when I'm out in public.
Beazey - As she's twirling in circles and making herself dizzy.
And last but not least, BOINGA! - Another Backyardigans moment, but it's so cute because she just unexpectedly jumps on you as she says it.
I'm sure there's a hundred more but I wanted to get some down at least before they were forgotten. As she is now sharing with everyone who asks, she is already "Too old".
No comments:
Post a Comment