a.jpg)
It's fun to watch Tessa growing into a little girl, as she shows us more and more imagination, mimicking, and interest in those around her. As the mother of these two beautiful girls I have often wondered what their relationship will be like, knowing that no matter what it will be unique. Yesterday we watched as Tessa initiated a game with Phoebe. She would shake Phoebe's chair and Phoebe would laugh, she'd shake it again and Phoebe would laugh some more. (Phoebe has always found Tessa's antics amusing, but this was one of the first times we've noticed Tessa very obviously doing something to entertain Phoebe) When we play outside she likes riding her tricycle (she's a pro now) and I chase her with Phoebe. She gets a huge kick out of it and will say "gonna getchoo" as she pedals off away from us, but then she will slow down and let Phoebe grab the bar on the back of her tike. She has also recently become very concerned when she hears Phoebe crying when she wakes up and runs in to see her. Then today, another act of sweet, sisterly kindness was displayed by Tessa giving Phoebe some dog kibble to snack on. I let them into the garage and told them to play there for a minute (after which I ran back into the house to vacuum the family room since I can't do it when Phoebe is in earshot). When I returned to the garage all seemed well until I heard a crunch, crunch and knew that I had not sent them out there with any snacks. Tessa had put some kibble on the tray of Phoebe's chair and Phoebe naively trusted her sister's gift. Ah, it brings back memories...
4 comments:
I remember eating dog food with my sister! LOL!! Those are the memories that last forever! :)
Your kids are adorable - thank you for sending me your blog link. I can't believe how much older Phoebe looks since I saw her last. What a beautiful girl! And Tessa is a doll!
What a fun blog! Your girls are growing up! That is hilarious about the dog food.
Melissa! I saw the link for you on Shanna's blog! I can't believe how big your girls are!! I know you are having fun with them....dogfood and all:)
Mary Kate
Post a Comment