Sunday, June 15, 2008

Summer Hair

My neighbor Kibby has a salon in her house and I figured she would do a better job cutting Phoebe's hair than I usually do. I was right. I asked for the very trendy Asymmetrical bob and it turned out so cute! Phoebe has perfect hair for it. It curls under, shows all the angles and I don't even have to point out her incredible highlights. She has the hair that every curly headed person I know would love to have!

Tessa's natural curls are enough to make Shirley Temple fans go nuts. This photo is post-pool so it's a little shaggy, but I took it because her curls air dried and that's when they look the best. Perfect little corkscrews.

My other neighbor Margaret used to do hair and did these fishtails on Tessa one day when she went over there to play. I had told her that I wanted to have Tessa's hair braided but couldn't find anyone who knew how, and my carpal tunnel hands would never last! Having only two braids made it fall out by the end of the day (I'm hoping that having multiple braids will make it last longer). But boy was it cute for a day!






5 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful Hair!!!
I can't wait to fix a little girl's hair - if she'll let me!!

Anonymous said...

Phoebe's hair looks wonderful. And so did Tessa's. You need to keep contact with these ladies when you move. Take them to lunch from time to time or something. It's cheaper than going to beauty school. :)
~Pat

Anonymous said...

Both the girls look beautiful! I really love Phoebes hair! Take care!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to check your blog for a few days and had to get this from Grandpa who got it from your mom. Grandpa felt pretty good he could forward it to me, quite smug that I didn't get it. Makes you want to reach out and touch them.

TheVillamorFamily said...

You are right....Phoebe's hair makes this curly-headed lady envious! I have been wanting the style for so long but my bush-head won't have it! Oh well...I love my bob but have been toying around with the idea of going even shorter! Why not, right? You only live once!

I love Tessa's curls too! Such beautiful sisters!